Here are the facts going round the Internet
- Attended Kikowani Primary School and it is reported that he performed dismally.
- Dropped out of Form 2 at Kwale High School.
- Convicted and sentenced to serve time at Shimo La Tewa Maximum Prison for
theft and fraud.
- There have been media reports claiming Sonko escaped from prison and changed his name to Mika Musa.
- Changed his name again to Mike Munga.
- Moved to Nairobi and changed his name to Mike Gideon Kioko Mbuvi.
- Bought matatus and was once a “makanga” in Nairobi.
- Opened a number of pubs and bars in Buru Buru estate.
- Bought a nomination certificate from Narc-Kenya in 2010.
- Elected MP for Makadara on September 20, 2010 by-election.
- Got a university degree from the Kenya Methodist University.
- Boxed buildings in Nairobi. Mnakumbuka hii?
- Danced and lay on streets at The Hague.
- Terrorized motorists and mourners in Nairobi with armed goons.
- Claimed that he was Acting President of the Republic of Kenya.
- Has spoken ZERO TIMES in Parliament in 8 years.
- Many claim that he is functionally illiterate.
- Wants to become the Governor of Nairobi.
- Called the President Uhuru Kenyatta and put him on speaker.
- He was the topic for weeks when nude photos of him and Woman rep. Rachel Shebesh leaked online.
Mike Sonko is known to be generous to the Kenya’s majority poor sponsoring underprivileged children, youth and women. This has made Mike Mbuvi Sonko popular among Kenya’s electorate. He is also known for his unorthodox mode of dressing affiliated with the hip hop community.
Mike Sonko’s wealth is traced to Mombasa where he was born and educated. There, his father ran a property and real estate agency, Pelly Properties, which he co-owned with another businessman.
After completing primary school at Kikowani Primary School in Mombasa, Mbuvi started getting more involved in his father’s business. At the time he was a student at Kwale High School, Kwale County. “My father was a developer and used to sell beach plots at the Coast to European buyers. He made good profits because he bought the plots cheaply,” Mbuvi told The Standard On Sunday. He said he made Sh5 million working for his father when he was in Form Four in Kwale High in 1991. Despite qualifying to go to university, he decided business was his calling. Instead, he took a course in Business Administration and Management at Edxcel International School in Mwanza and Pwani Business College.