Late last year word went round that Nation Media Group (NMG) was planning to sack its employees, including renowned news anchors.
This came shortly after Royal Media Group fired over 100 employees including top news anchors Terryanne Chebet and Kirigo Ng’arua.
Now, NMG has sent away at least 15 journalists as part of its reorganisation strategy and improve the productivity of the broadcasting industry.
Apart from shutting down branch-stations (QTV, QFM and Nation FM), the media house plans to continue this exercise to ensure that those who will remain will improve the productivity of the station.
Check out the names of some of your favorite journalists who have been rendered jobless
1. Eric Shimoli-News editor
2. Ken Walibora-Quality manager, Kiswahili
3. Sammy Wambua-Editor, Counties
4. Mary Wasike-Editor, Op-ed
5. Pamela Wanambisi- Sub-editor sports
6. Felister Wangari-Sub-editor Saturday magazine
7. Esther Karuru-Sub-editor Sunday Magazine
8. Victor Siele- (Sub-editor, Taifa Leo)
9. Zadok Angira-Crime reporte
10. Waga Odongo-Writer
11. Farayi Nyandoro-Sub-editor(Zimbabwean journalist)
12. Domitila Katila-Editorial
13. Connie Mwangemi
14. Pamela Abwoga