Deputy President William Ruto is currently among the wealthiest people in Kenya going by the number of properties he has acquired over the last six years he has been second in command in the country.
According to a recent report by Transparency International, Ruto is among many State officers in President Uhuru Kenyatta’s Government who have amassed immense wealth over a short period of time.
In fact last week, President Uhuru Kenyatta said all State officers including him and his deputy will be subjected to a lifestyle audit to explain the source of their wealth.
- Below is a list of properties owned by William Ruto across the country
- Weston Hotel – estimated value Sh2.5 billion.
- Hotels in Mombasa and Mara – estimated value Sh3 billion.
- Residential properties along Jogoo Road – estimated value Sh1.5 billion.
- New Uasin Gishu residence – estimated value Sh1.2 billion.
- Four choppers worth over Sh1.2 billion.
- A fleet of cars worth millions.
- Associated with Amaco Insurance.
- Thousands of acres across the country.