A controversial blogger who started the rumours that Leonard Mambo Mbotela had passed on following a grisly road accident, issued an apology on the same shortly after the post went viral on social media.
Cyprian Nyakundi sparked the unfortunate and false online rumour though his Twitter account which boasts hundreds of thousands of followers, that the veteran KBC journalist had passed away. The tweet said that Mbotela had lost his life in a road accident.
Nyakundi received quite a bashing on the net after it was discovered that the ‘Je, Huu Ni Uungwana?’ journalist was alive and kicking. The social media bigwig was forced to apologise for the tweet, blaming misinformation on his part.
Turns out Nyakundi had reportedly confused Leonard Mambo’s passing with that of jubilee aspirant Leonard Mwamba who died on Friday, July 14 in a road accident.
“Sorry guys. My always right source was wrong in the Mbotela story. Mzee is very ok and I apologize unreservedly for the post.” He clarified.
Mbotela took to social media to say he was well adding that he had forgiven the doomsayers.
“I am alive, I am well. I thank God. Kindly pray that I live longer. I am alive. I am alive. I am alive. I forgive the person who crafted and peddled the false report that I perished in a road accident; he does not know what he is doing. May God forgive him too,” He said.
Earlier this year, Nyakundi landed in trouble and was fined Shs 300,000 for contempt of court.