When God says it’s your day…
The wedding between 27 yrs old WILSON WANJOHI MUTURA and 23 yrs old ANNE MUHONJA cost Kshs 100 only (that is for the 2 rings each at Kshs 50). But the couple’s love is richer than any of us.
They never anticipated that a simple wedding would make news to every Kenyan who has been online in the past few days.
For a man who could not proceed beyond class 8 because of the economic status of his family in Ndunyu Njeru (Kinangop), Wilson tells me he’s the most learned in his family. He’s the 5th born in a family of 8 siblings.
But his new wife (Anne) from Karandi (Nyahururu) completed high school in 2015.
- SLIQUE EVENTS PLANNER Ltd through M.D Aaltonen Jumba has offered a fully sponsored wedding to give Wilson & Anne an opportunity to celebrate with friends and family.
- BONFIRE ADVENTURES AND EVENTS through CEO Kabu Simon has offered an all expenses paid honeymoon package.
- FINE CINEMA PRODUCTION through M.D Maureen Karee have offered make-up artist and free photoshoot on Valentine’s Day.
- Lilian, a friend in U.S has pledged start-up capital for a small business whichever Anne will find appealing.
- Moses Meingati has offered one goat as a wedding gift.
- Geoffrey Ngari has pledged a cake to the couple.
- Derek Otieno, Wambui King’ori, Rosalind Njogu, Monica Chau and many others have pledged small tokens to celebrate this marriage.
We met about 3 years ago at a Youth Camp. We used to fellowship at ELIM CHURCH but different congregations in Nyahururu and Kinangop. In August and December, youths would attend camps.
Wilson moved to Nairobi later but we would communicate on phone.
In 2016 we started planning for our wedding, Paster Jasper even started announcing in Church. We had planned for the wedding to be in December 2016 and every church member was looking forward to it.
Unfortunately we could not raise money for the wedding. I am employed to sell apples in a mkokoteni where I’m paid on commission. If I sell apples worth kshs 1000, i am paid kshs 100.
Having not raised the cash, we cancelled the wedding.
In as much as we couldn’t raise money, we still wanted to do it in a Godly way. We talked to our pastor about it and later visited our parents from both sides who okayed our move. They had no problem with us not paying dowry now, infact they wanted it done later, something that made us happy.
On the material day, I had 200 shillings in my pocket. I went to church as usual but waited after praise and worship session when I dashed to a malimali shop where I bought my rings at kshs 100. The remainder is what we took for our first supper as a married couple.
We definitely have great plans. I wush I could get an electronics shop where I can sell many items and engage my wife in expanding the business. But we trust God for big blessings.”
You want to help them stock an electronic shop? M-Changa has assisted them by opening a paybill account for well wishers.
Paybill : 891300
All types of gifts are welcome.
Send in your congratulations messages and warm wishes. SHARE if you can.