The stage has been set for the greatest duel that will see top drivers battle for top honours against as the KCB Eldoret rally action gets underway in the Great Rift Valley.
The host town will field in two drivers Umar Khalid and Miten Lodhia with George Mwangi navigating Osman Abdulahi in the Great Rift action. Farhaz Khan who will be powering a Mitsubishi Evo 9 in Eldoret is optimistic that he will put up a brave fight in the outing.
The Rally will be flagged off outside KCB Eldoret Branch on Saturday morning, before the drivers head to Elgeyo Marakwet County for the final stages in Moiben and for the prize giving in Iten.
According to KMSF Media Liaison Mr Sam Ateka, it’s all systems go for the rally. “The response has been amazing for this particular outing, Eldoret has always determined who wins the KNRC and this perfect opportunity is wide open for both Tapio and Jaspreet “, said Ateka.
The epic race will be characterized by undulating hilly terrain with wet surfaces with a combination of speed, skill and vehicle performance determining who will take the bragging rights in the fabulous event.
The KCB Eldoret rally scrutineering will take place on 7th October at the at the Sikh Union club in Eldoret town with the reconnaissance taking place along Eldoret Iten road.
Elgeyo Marakwet and Uasin Gishu governors H.E Alex Tolgos and H.E Jackson Mandago are expected at the flag off ceremony.
KCB Eldoret Rally entries so far:-
1. Umar Khalid/Salim Mohammed (Subaru GC8)
2. Taiti Wachira/Kimaru Boit (EVO6)
3. Kepher Walubi/Susan Kalema (Evolution 10-UG)
4. Duncan Mubiru ‘Kikankane’ /Ssemakula George (Evolution 10-UG)
5. Leonardo Varese/Kigondu Kareithi (Toyota Corolla RSI-SPORTPESA)
6. Mahesh Halai/Ketan Halai (Subaru N12-SHAMBA BOYZ/NBK)
7. Izhar Mirza/Kavit Dave (Evolution 9-COAST PEKEE)
8. Dennis Mwenda/Job Njiru (Evolution 9-SILVERSPREAD)
9. John Njenga/Anthony Njenga (Subaru N10)
10. Miten Lodhia/Kimeli Korir (Subaru N10)
11. Edward Maina/Stephen Mbuthia (Subaru)
12. Piero Cannobio/Silvia Frigo (Evolution10)
13. Chandrakhant Devji Chandu/Julius Mwachuya (Subaru GC8-SHAJANAND)
14. Asad Khan Kalulu/Harshil Limbani (Subaru GC8)
15. Jaspreet Chatthe/Gurdeep Panesar (Evolution 10-TEAM KIBOS)
16. Sammy Nyorri/Mwamgi Kioni (Toyota RunX)
17. Natasha Tundo/Chantal Young (Subaru N10-RALLY CHIX)
18. Manvir Baryan/Drew Sturrock (Ford Fiesta R5-MRT)
19. Tapio Laukkanen/Pasi Torma (Subaru R4-MRT)
20. Eric Bengi/Tuta Mionki (Toyota RunX-MENENGAI CREAM)
21. Tejveer Rai/Zahir Shah (Evolution10-KABRAS SUGAR RACING)
22. Farhaaz Khan/Keith Henrie (Evolution 9-OILIBYA RACING)
23. Rajbir Rai/Greg Stead (Ford Fiesta-RAI RACING)
24. Carl ‘Flash’ Tundo/Tim Jessop (Ford Proto-MENENGAI)
25. Amaanraj S. Rai/Tauseef Khan (Evolution 10-RAI RACING)
26. Ian Duncan/Amaar Slatch (Evolution 10-LIQUID TELECOM)
27. Sam Karangatha/Edward Ndukui (Subaru Leon)
28. Jasmeet Chana/Rvi Chana (Evolution10-CRS/IDENTISYS)
29. Osman Abdullahi/George Mwangi (Subaru WRX Station W. LOGITAC)
30. Alex Lairang’i/Tony Gichohi (Toyota Sprinter GT)
31. Steve Mwangi/Jonathan Kosgey (Subaru Impreza)
32. Baldev Singh Chager/Ravi Soni (Evolution 10-KABRAS SUGAR RACING)
33. Ramesh Vishram/Riyaz Ismail (Ford Escort MK2-CEMENTERS)
34. Onkar Rai/Gareth Dawe (Evolution 10-KABRAS SUGAR RACING)