Yet to hit the big 3-0
- Travel Alone – Travel a lot as it has exposes you to new cultures, You have very little responsibility so go and travel. When you get to 30, you’re going to want to travel slightly differently, spend a little more, do slightly more expensive things, eat at slightly better restaurants. So work for a year and save enough money to experience the world on the cheap.
- Start a business and a saving- Start a business, no matter how small. There is so much you can do in your town from Mombasa to Kisumu. Survey your neighborhood and think of what can be beneficial for the people and what they will need. Examples of small businesses include cleaning services, Car washing, Home tutorship, ICT Services. This helps raise small money to offset some expenses while learning and gaining exposure in the process.
- Focus on your Education and career – Try reading every day, even for an hour. Read everything in sight, from newspapers, books, articles, journals, etc. Don’t just read about things you know about.
Read about people. Read people. Reading opens up the mind, increases vocabulary, improves analytical thinking, improves memory and to some reduce stress. Follow your passion
- Develop healthy habits – Your health is arguably the most important asset you have in life. That’s why Thaís Freitas advises: “Take very good care of your body and your health. Practice sports, work out, eat healthy. That’s the only thing that is really important to do before your 30s, and that will allow you to be free, able, and happy in any age.”.
- Trust issues – At this stage of your life, you are bound to trust and receive lots of advice from people, some good some bad. Even if it destroys your ideas or you lose your friends. Trust people until they give you a reason not to. But don’t dull yourself. Some people are out to mess you up.
- People and network – The caliber of People you surround yourself with matter a lot. People have ways of influencing your decisions, thoughts and sometimes actions. Like the saying goes, “Birds of a feather fly together”. A few people will change your life forever. Find them. Be around great people, so you too can have great aspirations.
- Perseverance – Learn to persevere in all you do and never give up. You would face a lot of challenges in life, put keep pushing on.
- Fail – Fail a lot. Fail often. Fail at love. Fail at s3x. Fail at socializing. Fail at making friends. Fail at work. Fail at business. Fail with family. Fail with existing friends. If you don’t learn something every time you fail then all you’ve done is failed. If you learn something, then you’ve grown. Every time you grow and learn and fail, you get better at figuring out how to succeed.
Sorry if you are above 30. Do not feel sad, advice the ones below 30.